Sunday, February 28, 2010

Origin

LA Yellow Box began on December 4, 2008 by utilizing the Los Angeles River as a conduit and mirror of the city of Los Angeles. The project began by placing four mailboxes (with a question written inside along with pen and paper provided) along the Los Angeles River along a four mile stretch of bicycle path along the Glendale Narrows and Riverside Drive in an attempt to communicate with all of the elements which share this space (people, animals, and the earth). For three months I was going almost daily to collect "notes" from the mailbox and document whatever I experienced. LA Yellow Box has grown organically and strives to be not only a personal journey but one which advocates community and to converge those who are working to make this city a better place to live, breathe, walk, bike, fly and connect through public dialogue and awareness. LA Yellow Box continues....

1 comment:

Bcharmour said...

Ms. Orameh, will you please let me know about all things related to L.A. River clean up. I am fascinated by this subject! I really look good in rubber gloves! Can I be on your crew?